Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bacteria Population

Last week during lab, we got to test any object of our choice to see the bacteria it had. I thought it would be a great idea if I tested the door handle. I usually avoid touching public doors, especially restroom doors, because of the amount of people who touch them.

Maybe my expectations were too high, so today during lab I faced a huge disappointment:

Dramatization

But when I was done being upset of my sad little petri dish, I realized something: either I didn't test it right or the door handle is actually clean. Assuming I did test it right (which I'm sure I did), then the door is clean. Happiness!

Although I would have liked a nasty bacteria culture like the one from my classmate who tested the pencil sharpener. That was just gross, but very cool to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment